5 minute warm-up on bike.
3-4 exercise to activate my quads, hamstring and glutes to get my body ready for the session and prevent injuries
- WALKING BARBELL LUNGES - working up to 70kg, 20 steps
- BARBELL SQUAT 200kg x 5 for 4 sets; 210kg x 5 - all squats were low; don't kid yourself with 1/4 squats, drop your weight & do it right!
- LEG PRESS 3 sets of 10 reps at top weight
- LEG EXTENSIONS - 3 sets, 16 reps
- PRONE LEG CURL - 3 sets of 21's....that is, 7 reps from bottom to mid range, 7 reps from mid to top (this is a killer), 7 reps full range. bottom to top
- SEATED LEG CURL - 3 sets of 16 reps
- CALF RAISE - 14 reps, 4 sets; 12 reps followed by 12 reps body weight calf raise x 3 sets
Start training legs this week!